About Us


The original structure that houses the funeral home was built in 1913 and was transformed into a lovely, functional funeral home by Arvey and Evy Arnett in 1953. In 1992 the Bildens’ remodeled the funeral home adding a new wing on the East which included an enlarged chapel, coat-room, handi-cap bathroom and outside ramp. The exterior of the funeral home was changed from white to ivory. Fences, sidewalks and landscaping completed the project. As a back-drop for the casket viewing area, the Bildens’ designed a memorial stained glass window in memory of their daughters, Kursten Kay and baby sister, Allison Marie. Following the Tornado in August of 2007 months of renovations and repairs were started and finished in 2008.

Bilden-Askew Funeral Home

P. 701-587-6191

219 North 2nd Ave
Northwood, ND 58267